The Fence Devil™ by Tamer Outdoors - Instructions for Use
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. ALL TOOLS CAN BE DANGEROUS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN DEPLOYING THE FENCE DEVIL™ TOOL. CROSSING BARBED WIRE FENCING IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, EVEN DEATH. THIS TOOL CAN BE UNDER SUBSTANTIAL PRESSURE – EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN ENGAGING AND DISENGAGING THE TOOL. STUDY ALL DIRECTIONS AND WARNING INFORMATION PRIOR TO USING.
The Fence Devil™ by Tamer Outdoors LLC is a barbed wire fence spreader tool designed to make crossing a barbed wire fence safer, quicker and easier. The tool can be used temporarily or left in place indefinitely. The tool secures in place between wires on nearly all barbed wire fences. It forms a step through opening that can be negotiated without climbing the fence or attempting to squeeze between exposed barbed wires. It installs quickly and easily. It collapses for convenient storage and transport. It is made of powder coated steel allowing for years of durability and use.
IDEAL FOR MANY APPLICATIONS
- Hunters, and especially dove hunters, frequently need to get through fences quickly and repeatedly without climbing.
- Farmers/Ranchers can use the Fence Devil™ to allow easy access to feed and care of animals without installing a gate.
- Utility workers, surveyors, mechanics, law enforcement or game wardens can now easily cross a barbed wire fence to access any desired areas where no gates are readily available.
- Fall prevention - Climbing over a barbed wire fence is extremely dangerous at any age and can lead to serious injury. This product allows crossing a barbed wire fence easily without climbing, eliminating the chance of falling and greatly reducing the possibility of being wounded by the barbed wire.
- Shooting injury/death – One of the leading causes of shooting injuries and deaths occurs when firearms are mishandled while crossing fences. While extreme care must always be taken with firearms, it is possible to greatly reduce the risk when crossing a barbed wire fence with a firearm when using a properly installed Fence Devil™.
IMPORTANT! NEVER CROSS A FENCE WITH A LOADED WEAPON. ALWAYS UNLOAD PRIOR TO CROSSING!!
- Damage to clothing and equipment is common climbing over, through or under a barbed wire fence as most anyone who has attempted a crossing can attest to. This tool greatly decreases the likelihood of damaging expensive clothing and gear while making a crossing in the field.
- Liability of the Landowner is always a concern when others are on their property. Proper use of the Fence Devil™ can help reduce the chance of injury of guests on the property.
- Fence Damage – Climbing fences can damage fence connections. Use of the Fence Devil ™ tool minimizes having to repair fences from damage incurred through climbing or by disconnecting wiring from the fence.
- Livestock – Even when left installed, large livestock are unlikely to escape through the Fence Devil ™.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS FOR USE, AND WARNINGS BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN USING THIS BARBED WIRE FENCE CROSSING TOOL. BARBED WIRE FENCING IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY AND EVEN DEATH. THIS TOOL CAN BE UNDER SUBSTANTIAL PRESSURE WHEN IN USE – EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE USED WHEN ENGAGING AND DISENGAGING THE TOOL. DIRECTIONS FOR PROPER USE ARE SHOWN BELOW.
ALWAYS OBTAIN PERMISSION OF LAND OWNERS PRIOR TO CROSSING FENCE LINES ONTO THEIR PROPERTY
WHILE THIS FENCE CROSSING TOOL FUNCTIONS WITH MOST BARBED WIRE FENCE CONFIGURATIONS, THERE MAY BE SOME FENCES THAT ARE TOO TIGHT OR HAVE STAYS SPACED TOO CLOSELY. NEVER USE THE UNIT ON FENCES WHERE THERE IS NOT A SUFFICIENTLY CLEAR OPENING BETWEEN POSTS OR OTHER VERTICAL WIRE STAYS TO ALLOW FULL EXPANSION OF THE ARM MECHANISMS INTO THE OUTWARD FULLY LOCKED POSITION. DO NOT USE ON FENCES WHERE THE BARBED WIRES ARE LOOSE TO THE POINT THAT THE FENCE DEVIL™ WILL NOT STAY FIRMLY IN PLACE ONCE LOCKED INTO POSITION.
INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL OF THIS TOOL SHOULD ONLY BE ACCOMPLISHED BY THE METHODS DESCRIBED IN THE “DIRECTIONS FOR USE” SECTION BELOW. SEVERE INJURY CAN RESULT FROM NOT PROPERLY APPLYING OPENING PRESSURE TO EXPAND THE TOOL, NOT PUSHING THE ARMS OUT FROM THE INSIDE TO LOCK IN PLACE, OR BY NOT PULLING THE ARMS INWARD FROM THE INSIDE ONLY TO COLLAPSE THE UNIT WHEN REMOVING. THE FENCE DEVIL™ IS UNDER LARGE AMOUNTS OF PRESSURE DURING INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAN RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY.
Properly installed Fence Devil ™ Tool
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- To engage the Fence Devil™ – spread the upper and lower rails apart between two wires of the fence at the height that is comfortable for you to cross, making sure the top rail is directly over the lower rail and that the wires are seated in both rail channels.
- Use your knee to push down on the bottom rail while lifting the top rail with your hand to spread the barbed wires apart. With your free hand, push each set of arms from the inside of the device outward one at a time until they lock into the fully open position. Slowly let pressure off the rails with your lifting hand and knee and the device should stay firmly open with both sets of arms fully locked outward.
- With the device in place, it is now possible to carefully place one leg through the opening and slide through to the other side. ALWAYS UNLOAD FIREARMS BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY FENCE CROSSING.
When you are ready to remove the Fence Devil™, disengage the tool by reversing the installation process. First apply pressure to the lower rail with your knee while lifting up on the upper rail – once the locking pressure on the arms starts to substantially decrease, CAREFULLY pull each set of arms inward one at a time using the red wire pulls on the center pivot points of the arms of the device. USE CAUTION - if sufficient pressure isn’t relieved before pulling the arms inward, the arms may “kick” inward rapidly, possibly causing injury. NEVER PUSH THE ARMS INWARD FROM THE OUTSIDE as this can possibly result in pinching or other injuries. Once the tool has been disengaged and collapsed, remove from the fence taking care to avoid the exposed barbs on the wires. Keep device clean and fasteners tightened at pivot points.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE TOOL’S ARMS BE GRASPED NEAR THE PIVOT POINTS, PUSHED, OR PULLED FROM THE OUTSIDE WHEN INSTALLING OR REMOVING THE TOOL. THIS TOOL SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS WITH SUFFICIENT STRENGTH TO PERFORM THE INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL IN A CONTROLLED MANNER.